Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My 1st quilts!

I have been wanting to do a crazy nine patch ever since I saw it.  Here is the tutorial from AllSorts, that I used.  Thank-you all of you quilters who put such great tutorials online for us newbies to try.  I will always be grateful.....my husband too ;)  Sure helps the crafting budget stay down!
My husband helped me figure out if I had enough fabric to make this design I came up with.  I really like how it turned out.  I made it for a humanitarian project....I wonder where it will end up??  I hope they like it.  It was way more modern than any of the other quilts at the debut night.  I felt a little out of place, but was proud of my contribution.
I made this "Favorite Things" quilt for my mom.  Every fabric represents something special about my momma.  I loved how it turned out.  I had it quilted by a lady with a huge quilting machine, but I'm gonna try myself next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment